Data dictionary conversion service
This service converts a data dictionary table into a snippet of FGDC-compatible geospatial metadata that can be inserted into a metadata record.
- The input file must be tab- or comma-delimited text with six columns as follows:
||Name of the table
||Label of the field as it appears in the data files. If this field is blank, the description applies to the table itself.
||Explanation of the field's contents; may be a definition or description
||Minimum value if the field is numeric (may be omitted)
||Maximum value if the field is numeric (may be omitted)
||Units of measure if the field is numeric (may be omitted)
||Value for Attribute_Definition_Source (may be omitted)
- First line should contain column headings, delimited with comma or tab, just like subsequent rows.
- You can try it with example-eainfo.csv.
- Fields should be specified in the order they appear in the tables (column order).
- The first line for each table should have an empty field name and its description should refer to the table as a whole.
- How to use this service: Example of usage with Tkme
- Input file must be smaller than 1024k bytes
- Writing metadata? Get tools and help at http://geology.usgs.gov/tools/metadata/
- I want to hear about any problems you encounter so that I can fix them. Please let me know how it goes!