Download information conversion service
This service converts a download information table into a snippet of FGDC-compatible geospatial metadata that can be inserted into the Standard_Order_Process section of a metadata record.
- The input file must be tab-delimited text with five columns as follows:
||URL of the downloadable package.
||Size of the download package in megabytes.
||Format of the data files in the downloadable package. Like "shapefile" but not "Zip". Recommended vocabulary
||Version number of the file format.
||Explanation of the download file's contents, not including file format.
- First line should contain column headings, delimited with comma or tab, just like subsequent rows.
- Here is an Example input file with the right format.
- Input file must be smaller than 1024k bytes
- Writing metadata? Get tools and help at http://geology.usgs.gov/tools/metadata/
- I want to hear about any problems you encounter so that I can fix them. Please let me know how it goes!