Magnetic field (earth)
The magnetic region surrounding earth. It is generated by the dipolar characteristic of earth's core whereby earth itself acts as a great spherical magnet with poles near, but not exactly at, the North and South poles.
This category is also used for geomagnetic field, geomagnetics, geomagnetism, magnetic field, and magnetosphere.
- Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio magnetic and gravity maps and data [New Window]
- Aeromagnetic surveys of Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio, merged to form seamless grids across the state. Gravity anomaly data are provided as well.
- Geologic and aeromagnetic maps of the Fossil Ridgearea and vicinity, Gunnison County, Colorado [New Window]
- This data set includes a GIS geologic map database of an EarlyProterozoic metavolcanic and metasedimentary terraneextensively intruded by Early and Middle Proterozoic graniticplutons. Laramide to Tertiary deformation and intrusion offelsic plutons have c
- Digital data grids for the magnetic anomaly map of North America [New Window]
- A digital magnetic anomaly database and map for the NorthAmerican continent is the result of a joint effort by theGeological Survey of Canada (GSC), U. S. Geological Survey(USGS), and Consejo de Recursos Minerales of Mexico (CRM). Thedatabase and map re
- Geology and Resource Assessment of Costa Rica at 1:500,000 Scale--ADigital Representation of Maps of the U.S. Geological Survey's 1987Folio I-1865 [New Window]
- In 1986 and 1987, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the DirecciónGeneral de Geología, Minas e Hidrocarburos, and the Universidad deCosta Rica conducted a mineral-resource assessment of the Republicof Costa Rica. The results were published as a large 80
- Aeromagnetic Map of the Death Valley Ground-Water Model Area, Nevada and California [New Window]
- An aeromagnetic map of the Death Valley groundwater model area was prepared from published aeromagnetic surveys as part of an interagency effort by the U.S. Geological Survey and the U.S. Department of Energy to help characterize the geology and hydrology
- Gamma-ray, Magnetic, and Topographic Data for the Colorado Front Range [New Window]
- The grid files presented here are in ASCII format that uses thedefinitions of the grid exchange format (GXF). The files can beviewed using a suitable word processing program. The differentgrids are: >Kfrco.gxf potassium concentrations in the rocks an
- Gravity and magnetic surveys over the Santa Rita fault system, southeastern Arizona [New Window]
- Gravity station data and hand-held magnetometer measurements withanalysis and description of methodology.
- Aeromagnetic expression of buried basaltic volcanoes near Yucca Mountain, Nevada [New Window]
- Mathematical modeling and analysis of aeromagnetic anomaly data(gridded data provide in another report).
- Ground-magnetic studies of the Amargosa desert region, California and Nevada [New Window]
- Hand-held magnetometer and sample magnetic susceptibilitymeasurements used to help interpret complex patterns in the magneticanomaly of this area.
- Gravity and ground magnetic data from selected traverses in the Amargosa desert and vicinity, Nevada and California [New Window]
- Maps of aeromagnetic data and a table of gravity station data embedded in the PDF report, not as separate files
- Geophysical studies of the Crump Geyser known geothermal resource area, Oregon, in 1975 [New Window]
- Gravity map and data used to infer details of the geologic structure of the area. Surveys were conducted during or prior to 1975.