Earth materials removed during mining and concentrated in piles or beds, typically near the site of extraction. Tailings are mine waste that has been processed to remove valuable components; unprocessed mine waste includes overburden removed to reach commodity materials such as ore or coal.
This category is also used for tailing piles, mine tailings, and mine spoil.
- Chemical Composition of Samples Collected from Waste Rock Dumpsand Other Mining-Related Features at Selected Phosphate Minesin Southeastern Idaho, Western Wyoming, and Northern Utah [New Window]
- This text file contains chemical analyses for 31 samplescollected from various phosphate mine sites in southeasternIdaho (25), northern Utah (2), and western Wyoming (4).
- Lead-rich sediments, Coeur d'Alene River valley, Idaho; Area, volume, tonnage, and lead content: Geologic and wetland unit data [New Window]
- This metadata file (cdafldpl.met) describes three shape files. Shape file cdasurf4_utm.shp, with its associated .shx and .dbf files,contains polygons and attributes for a map of geologic and wetlandunits and systems, which represent sedimentary deposition
- Lead-rich sediments, Coeur d'Alene River valley, Idaho; Area, volume, tonnage, and lead content: River reach data (by segment) [New Window]
- This metadata file (pbrchseg.met) describes three shape files used.Shape file rivreach.shp contains the upstream and downstreamboundaries of seven reaches of the river. Natural features defineriver-reach boundaries at the confluence of the North and South
- Lead-rich sediments, Coeur d'Alene River valley, Idaho; Area, volume, tonnage, and lead content: Surface-sediment geochemical data [New Window]
- This metadata file (pbsamthk.met) describes two dBase4 tables.One table (alsamPb.dbf) contains UTM coordinates for 998surface-sediment geochemical sample sites, and concentration oflead, in parts per million (ppm Pb), in each sample. The other table(thkpb
- Digital Geologic Map of Oregon [New Window]
- Oregon lithology. Faults are in a separate coverage. The legendfor southeastern Oregon is in the coverage orlegend.