Sea ice concentration
Proportion of ocean area in a given region that contains or is covered by floating ice.
This category is also used for sea-ice concentration, and sea ice cover.
- Monthly average polar sea-ice concentration 1978 through 1991 [New Window]
- This data set represents the results of calculations carriedout on sea-ice-concentration data from the SMMR and SSM/Iinstruments. The original data were obtained from theNational Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC). The data set alsocontains the source code
- Methane in coastal sea water, sea ice, and bottomsediments, Beaufort Sea, Alaska [New Window]
- This report summarizes data acquired from 1990 to 1994 forthe gas-hydrate portion of the USGS project "Permafrostand gas hydrate as possible sources of methane" of theUSGS Global Change and Climate History program. Theobjective of this project has been t
- PRISM 8°x10° Northern Hemisphere Paleoclimate Reconstruction: Digital Data [New Window]
- The PRISM 8°x10° data set represents several years ofinvestigation by PRISM (Pliocene Research, Interpretation, andSynoptic Mapping) Project members. One of the goals of PRISMis to produce time-slice reconstructions of intervals ofwarmer than modern cl