Seismic reflection methods
Geophysical technique to study the subsurface of the earth using sound waves induced by explosives, vibrating devices, or percussive equipment. The reflections of the sound waves from the boundaries of different rocks are measured.
- Seismotectonic maps in the vicinity of the lower Wabash Valley,Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky - Digital Spatial Database:Seismic reflection lines [New Window]
- This cover includes seismic reflection lines that have geophysicalcross-sectional interpretations constraining subsurface structuresthat may penetrate to hypocentral depths. Lines were gathered fromtheses, dissertations, and publications.
- High-resolution multichannel seismic-reflection data acquired in thenorthern Gulf of Mexico, 1998-99 [New Window]
- This report consists of two-dimensional marine seismic reflection profile datafrom the northern Gulf of Mexico. These data were acquired in 1998 and 1999with the Research Vessels Tommy Munro (M1-98-GM) and Gyre (G1-99-GM). The data are availablein binar
- Deep-towed chirp profiles of the Blake Ridge collapse structurecollected on USGS cruises 92023 and 95023 aboard the R/V CapeHatteras in 1992 and 1995 [New Window]
- This CD-ROM contains copies of the navigation and deep-towed chirpsubbottom data collected aboard the R/V Cape Hatteras on cruises 92023 and95023 in 1992 and 1995 respectively. This CD-ROM is (Compact Disc-ReadOnly Memory UDF (Universal Disc Format) CD-RO
- Sea floor topography and backscatter intensity of the historic area remediation site [New Window]
- This data set includes topography and backscatter intensity of the sea floor of the Historic Area Remediation Site (HARS), located offshore of New York and New Jersey. The data were collected with a multibeam sea floor mapping system on surveys conducted
- Sea floor topography and backscatter intensity of the Hudson Shelf Valley Region. [New Window]
- This data set includes topography and backscatter intensity of the sea floor of the Hudson Shelf Valley, located offshore of New York and New Jersey. The data were collected with a multibeam sea floor mapping system on surveys conducted November 23 - Dec