Rocks and deposits
Solid masses that make up the earth's crust as well as accumulations of materials. Use for major rock types and unconsolidated deposits. For deposits of economic value, see related terms.
This category is also used for crystals, lithology, and rock composition.
- Generalized lithology and lithogeochemical character ofnear-surface bedrock in the New England region [New Window]
- This geographic information system (GIS) data layer shows thedominant lithology and geochemical, termed lithogeochemical,character of near-surface bedrock in the New England regioncovering the states of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, NewHampshire, Rho
- Whole rock geochemical data for altered and mineralized rocks,Red Dog Zn-Pb-Ag district, western Brooks Range, Alaska [New Window]
- This report presents geochemical analyses for 220 mostly altered andmineralized rock samples from the Red Dog Zn-Pb-Ag district in thewestern Brooks Range of northern Alaska. These data form the basisfor a study by Slack et al. (2004a) on hydrothermal sil
- Digital maps of compositionally classified lithologies derived from 1:500,000-scale geologic maps for the Pacific Northwest: a contribution to the Interior Columbia Basin Ecosystem Management Project [New Window]
- This report describes the contents of a digital data set(approximately 269 MB) which consists of Arc/Info Export formatfiles and associated macro programs. This report is one in a seriesof digital maps, data files, and reports generated by the USGeologic
- Whole Rock Geochemical Data For Paleozoic Sedimentary Rocksof the western Brooks Brooks Range, Alaska [New Window]
- This report presents geochemical analyses for 210 unaltered andunmineralized rock samples of Paleozoic age in the western BrooksRange of northern Alaska. These data form the basis for a studyby Slack et al. (2004a) on the provenance and depositionalhistor
- Chemical Composition of Samples Collected from Waste Rock Dumpsand Other Mining-Related Features at Selected Phosphate Minesin Southeastern Idaho, Western Wyoming, and Northern Utah [New Window]
- This text file contains chemical analyses for 31 samplescollected from various phosphate mine sites in southeasternIdaho (25), northern Utah (2), and western Wyoming (4).
- Preliminary Lithogeochemical Map Showing Near-Surface Rock Types in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed, Virginia and Maryland [New Window]
- This preliminary experimental lithogeochemical map shows the distribution of rock types in the Virginia and Maryland parts of the Chesapeake Bay watershed. The map was produced digitally by classifying geologic-map units according to composition, mineral
- Surficial geologic maps along the riparian zone of the Animas Riverand its headwater tributaries, Silverton to Durango, Colorado, withupper Animas River watershed gradient profiles [New Window]
- This product consists of Adobe Acrobat .PDF format documents for 10surficial geologic strip maps along the Animas River watershed from itsmajor headwater tributaries, south to Durango, Colo. The Animas Riveroriginates in the San Juan Mountains north of t
- Bedrock, soil, and lichen geochemistry from Isle Royale National Park, Michigan [New Window]
- This is a report of geochemical data from various media collected on Isle Royale, a large island in northeastern Lake Superior. Isle Royale became a national park in 1940 and was designated as a wilderness area in 1976.USGS sampling began in 1996 as part
- Stratigraphy, Sedimentology, Paleontology, and Paleomagnetism ofPliocene-Early Pleistocene Lacustrine Deposits in Two Cores fromWestern Utah [New Window]
- The data contained in this report represent our preliminary findingsof the analyses of two cores of Pliocene and early Pleistocenesediments from the eastern Great Basin. This is a collaborativeproject involving specialists from the USGS, Kansas State Uni
- Geologic Map of the Hart Peak Quadrangle, California and Nevada: A Digital Database [New Window]
- This digital map database represents the general distribution of bedrock and surficial deposits in the mapped area. Together with the accompanying text files (hpk_geo.txt, hpk_geo.pdf or hpk_geo.ps), it provides current information on the geologic struct